Monday 31 December 2012

New Year

This is one time of year when you remember all your losses. I miss my Mum. I miss all the time I lost with my brother, sister and all of their kids. I miss having a united family. However it is also a time to thank your blessings. I adore having my kids around. My grand kids give me such joy. My puppy dog is such a delight to see her smiling face as you get home. Then you start thinking of your life and the fact that because of the people who supposedly loved me I've been in mental health care system since I was 6 year old. I still see a physciatrist and a physcologist at the age of 53. I have had over 10 failed suicide attempts and spent way to long in a rubber room under such medication that I didn't know what year it was never mind what day. People still see that person, the man that was unbalanced and prone to violence. They don't see or don't want to see that I ain't that man any more. What do you do? You plug on and hope that one day they will open their eyes and see that I have changed that now I hate violence and want nothing more than a peace filled life. They will let me live without trying to coax me back into my old ways. Where people were ashamed of me and my actions. All I ask for 2013 is that people open their eyes, see the man in front of them and not the thug of 30 year ago! I also hope 2013 will be the start of a world filled with peace where no wars will happen and no abuse of any kind is given to anyone. Mostly I pray that my best friend will be all right she will have her health and her family around her making her even more awesome than she already is! HAPPY NEW YEAR folks Lang May Yer Lum Reek

No comments:

Post a Comment