Saturday 29 December 2012

WHAT ANGERS ME

This has been going round in my mind since I found my brother & sister. The day they came to the house for the first time, they brought their adoption file and I got out my social services file and we did a compare. In their file I am not mentioned at all They had been here looking but they were looking for my other brother Paul, who had left the area decades ago. However they had driven right past my house and hadn't asked because they didn't know my name or even my sex. Social services had only mentioned a 4th sibling by omission. The actual phrase in the file reads "the 3 younger siblings were taken to St Andrews. This led them to believe there was at least a 4th sibling but no other mention throughout the whole document. Is it just me or is that WRONG? Unbeknown to me my foster mother had visited the twins in St Andrews and had prevented me from doing so. Once again is the Right or Wrong? Actually to make things even worse during my search for the twins I had contacted the local social services who told me I did not exist. I had never been in care. I had never had a social worker even. Imagine their shock when I said "so how come I have a copy of my file then". When they asked me to take my copy in and leave it there I said don't think so, you can copy it while I'm there and I will retain my copy. They said once they had read my file and examined what had went wrong they would get back in touch, well 2 yr on and still no contact. Right or Wrong? I am still trying to petition the scottish government with these and other concerns but their reply is you can't make it personal. How can I write about my life and not make it personal? Can't be done! So now I'm trying to make sense of all the legal speak and write something that ain't personal about my younger life. Wish me luck eh :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment