Sunday 30 December 2012

SOCIAL WORKERS

In 1968 when my mum died my life was taken over by social workers. Thats when the rest of my life collapsed and turned into a bloody nightmare! Their 1st mistake was taking my 3 siblings and leaving me in the house with a Numpty. Then they decided that one of my brothers and I would be sent from Fife in Scotland all the way to Weston Super Mare in Somerset to my aunt's but they blew that as well. The social worker in Scotland failed to tell their colleague in Somerset that we were going down there. So again we were moved at least this time I was going home to my own village with 1 of my brothers. They took us to a children's home although not our village they did speak so I could understand them lol. We didn't spend long there and it felt weird not having parents but various adults caring for us. At least they tried to be nice. Eventually we were sent back home proper to our village with someone who had been a friend of my Mum's. This is where we would stay till I left aged 17. It didn't help to be told by social workers when I left that they were sorry and the people who had cared for us for 8year would never have been accepted as foster parents by them now, thanks that helped NOT. When all this had been going on my youngest 2 siblings had been taken into care separately and I never saw them again till 2011. What I didn't know was no social worker decided that I and my brother should have no contact with the younger 2! That was decided by my foster Mum. Can you believe that? How on earth could she decide that? So I am now going to complain to social services about the way we were all treated. It should be mentioned at this point that the youngest 2 had been trying to locate their family but social workers had failed to mention me in their adoption file so they didn't even know I existed. Do You think I am justified in complaining?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! Speak out about this because it's insane to separate families like this and treat them this way. Family is the strongest bond and to deny you and your siblings contact for any reason, has to be illegal/unethical.

    ReplyDelete